Monday, April 27, 2009

The neighbors must think I'm nuts

We are enjoying a real, honest-to-goodness Spring this year in the Northeast. Perfect weather for groundhog outings... and we have witnessed quite a few humorous and adorable antics! Alas, our little buddies are playing hard to get. I had to work extra hard to get a picture of them this weekend, despite my clever efforts. Today, I swear I went outside FIVE TIMES trying to snap a photo. I tiptoed toward the hole, tossing peanuts and carrots in front of me to prove to the little fuzz-face that I can be trusted. He would look at me, braced and guarded, then dive into his hole.

After the fifth trip outside, I plunked myself down on the grass and waited. And waited. (Oh and I should mention that my next door neighboor can see all of this.) And waited until....... he popped back up.

















I remained still and quiet long enough to watch him come all the way out of the hole and turn around.



Then as soon as he caught a glimpse of me the show was over and he dove underground. I waited again but he had caught on. So I called it good with two new pictures to add to my album.
(Of course as soon as I was inside the house again, he came out to feast on peanuts and carrots for dinner. )
Better luck next weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


oh boy... looks like I woke up too early.