Saturday, June 27, 2009

Baby birds on the move

A few days ago my husband and I saw the baby robin flapping his wings and wobbling on the edge of the nest. We knew it wouldn't be long before he discovered he could fly and fortunately I was able to get a picture of him after he settled back down:




The nest was empty that same evening when we returned home from work. It was so much fun watching the entire process right from our front porch. I miss the activity.



Today we saw MORE bird babies - turkeys! Yep, 4 grown turkeys and 10 babies at least. We cannot believe how much wildlife we see in this neighborhood. You would think we lived out in the country.




Now if we could just have more sunny days like today. Who knows what other visitors might appear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


oh boy... looks like I woke up too early.