Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The first outing

I came home from work this evening to find our groundhog babies playing and eating in the backyard near one of the entrances to their underground home. I can't say for sure whether or not it was their first real outing, but this is the first opportunity that I've had to spend some time with them completely above ground. Up to this point my husband and I have only seen them peering from their holes.



But this evening they were up and about, exploring their new surroundings and enjoying carrots. Baby carrots, of course! Mama was keeping watch the whole time and didn't seem to mind me sitting on the ground nearby. I just love watching their playful antics... next time I'm going to try to capture them on video. Awww just look at 'em! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment


oh boy... looks like I woke up too early.